Business Victor Harbor seeks your opinion on the economical impact of the outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel (new) coronavirus first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China.
The World Health Organisation’s (WHO) International Health Regulations Emergency Committee has declared the outbreak of 2019-nCoV a Public Health Emergency of International Concern. Australia is well-prepared and is implementing the WHO measures.
Please spare a few minutes to complete the survey here:
If your business is or likely to be impacted by these travel restrictions please forward an email to [email protected]. We will collate the information and advise the state / federal government, both of whom have positively responded to financial impacts owing to events outside the control of the businesses. You may wish to chat with your preferred insurance broker for advice.
Advice for hotel and tourism operators
Australia’s chief medical officer, Professor Brendan Murphy has provided medical advice to Australian hotel and tourism operators, which includes recommendations for those in the tourism industry who may have concerns about guests:
Latest news and advice
For up-to-date information about novel coronavirus, including the number of cases and geographical locations, and health advice see:
- SA Health
- Department of Health resources for the general public, health professionals and industry about novel coronavirus. Some are in both English and simplified Chinese.
- South Australian Tourism Commission
- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Read the latest updates from Australia’s Chief Medical Officer
- Commonwealth Department of Health Novel coronavirus information sheet
- Commonwealth Department of Health fact sheet for hotel management and staff
- Commonwealth Department of Health fact sheet for hotel guests.
For information about the restrictions on entry to Australia relating to the novel coronavirus, see:
For information and advice for people travelling to any destination with detected cases of the novel coronavirus, refer to: