Business Victor Harbor, as a chamber of commerce, is a not for profit membership organisation that advocates on behalf of local businesses. We are backed by a volunteer board that is comprised of business people from the local community (Meet the current board HERE)
Our goal is to be a resource, advocate, and connector for south coast businesses.
Members enjoy a range of benefits including:
- Credibility: You can increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you’re identified as a member of BVH.
- Increase your visibility in the community: As a new member, you will be listed in our newsletter and have an opportunity to advertise by sponsoring events.
- Promotion and Publicity: With membership, you can reach potential clients through member exclusive advertising and opportunities for business-to-business advertising and publicity.
- Create networking opportunities: Regular opportunities to network with other local business people.
- Visibility: Your business listed in our online directory, whilst also increasing traffic to your website.
- Customer referrals: BVH often receives calls from individuals and business looking for potential vendors, and chamber members typically recommend other members.
- Events and programs: BVH provides members with opportunities to meet new people and expand their prospect base. Events are a fun way to help members meet potential vendors, clients and customers.
- A voice in economic development policy with the City of Victor Harbor.
Schapiro Study: “Consumers are 80% more likley to buy from chamber members”
According to The Real Value of Joining a Local Chamber of Commerce conducted by the Schapiro Group, when consumers know that a business is a member of the local chamber, there is now a 49% increase in favorability
toward that business. This study also found:
- When consumers know that a business is a member of the local chamber, there is a 49% increase in favourability toward that business;
- When consumers perceive that a business is a chamber member, there is a 73% increase in consumer awareness and a 68% increase in local reputation;
- Consumers are 80% more likely to patronise a business in the future that they believe is a member of the local chamber of commerce;
The study also has more good news for chamber members that sell to other businesses (B2B):
- When business decision makers believe a business is a chamber member, favourability increases by 42% , perceived awareness and reputation grows to 78% and 65%, respectively; plus the likelihood of future patronage increases by 74%;
Supporting the previous findings, the study also reveals a positive perception for the local chamber itself:
- Regarding the chamber’s impact on the local economy, 86% of respondents believe that the local chamber of commerce helps create jobs and promotes local economic development
The Impacts of Chamber Membership on Small Businesses
|% Increase in Favourability||% Increase in Awareness||% Increase in Reputation||% Increase in Future Patronage|
|Consumers||44 %||51 %||57 %||63 %|
|Business Decision Makers||37 %||51 %||58 %||59 %|
How Effectively Business Strategies Communicate Specific Traits about a Company
|Uses good business practices||Reputable||Cares about customers||Community Involvement|
|Being active in the local chamber of commerce||29% more effective||26% more effective||13 % more effective||12 % more effective|
|Sponsoring events around the community||Equally effective||10 % more effective||20 % more effective||24 % more effective|
|Encouraging employees to volunteer||19 % more effective||14 % more effective||13 % more effective||15 % more effective|
|Giving out scholarships to local students||Equally effective||Equally effective||28 % more effective||36 % more effective|
|Encouraging employees to donate to a charity||Equally effective||Equally effective||Equally effective||Equally effective|
More reasons to become a member:
- 4 Reasons You Need to Get Involved with BVH Today
- What’s the Return on Investment of BVH Membership?
- Chamber Membership: The Best Investment You Can Make in Your Early Career
- Why Your Dad Was Right About Chamber of Commerce Memberships
- Why a BVH Membership Is the Secret Ingredient to Your Business Success
- How to Make a Difference with Membership
- Why Join BVH: Comradery
- A Reason to Join BVH that Only a Handful Think About but Everyone Can Use
- BVH Membership: Getting Out What You Put In
- Improve Your Business Reputation with Business Victor Harbor