Business Victor Harbor has opened registration for local businesses to register for procurement opportunities on the Granite Island Causeway development, which is expected to support an average of 43 full time equivalent jobs per year over the life of the project.
Business Victor Harbor is providing a referral service for all relevant south coast businesses, in addition to its members, with details referred directly to the head contractor of the development, McConnell Dowell Constructions.
Local businesses can register for any of the 28 procurement opportunities, ranging from accommodation, electrical works, fuel supply, office furniture and electrical appliances, clothing, security and vehicle servicing.
“Business Victor Harbor would like to see as much local expenditure as possible with local suppliers and contractors, which ultimately benefits our community and the local economy with ongoing support to local charities, schools and sponsorships” said Business Victor Harbor Chairman Michael Schubert.
To learn more and register, click on the button at the bottom of this page.
The procurement opportunities currently being sought include:
- Concrete – exposed aggregate
- Planting – garden beds, revegetation, lawn etc
- Concrete – ready mix concrete supply for in-situ pours
- Electrical Works – Lighting- trenching, conduit and pit works
- Electrical Works – Lighting – cabling and install along causeway
- Site Security – Monitoring and Patrols
- Non-destructive weld testing – mag particle testing
- Cleaning – offices and facilities
- Quarry Materials – Ballast, rubble and armour rock
- Civil Works – Earthworks packages, services trenching
- Small Marine Piling Works – driving of piles for boat landing
- Dive works – Ad hoc works as required
- Civil Plant, excavators, rollers, water cart, tippers – wet/dry hire
- Fuel Supply – Diesel Tanker
- Waste Disposal – recycling and waste bin provision and emptying
- Logistics / heavy haulage
- Scaffolding – Hire of equipment and onsite labour
- Minor Steel fabrication Works – Fabrication of steel components
- Plumbing works – water and sewer lines – Onsite installation and jointing, supply of HDPE and couplers
- Welding equipment and consumables – Welders, wire, Oxygen and acetylene
- Office furniture and electrical appliances
- PPE, clothing, fire extinguishers, first aid and safety equipment
- Staff accommodation – Long and short term rentals
- Onsite drug testing
- Vehicle servicing
- Mechanical repairs of equipment – Civil equipment, generators etc