There have been some great updates to the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) this week that will enhance your listing or be able to create new opportunities for your business to be promoted across consumer websites.
- Introduction of new hire classification – this will now include ‘venues’ that are directly associated with the tourism industry specifically.
- Introduction of new General Services classification – RV Dump Points and Public Showers
- Updated description of Food & Drink Classifications from ‘Breweries’ to ‘Breweries & Distilleries’ which helps to better represent the category.
- Wider accessibility features added, helping businesses clearly communicate their accessibility offerings.
- Events: added Market descriptions Descriptions have been added to help inform events on eligibility for listings. This is particularly useful for farmers markets or any community-based markets
- Attractions: The description for shopping/markets have also been updated within the attractions section to make this clearer.
There are some big changes happening across ATDW over the coming months.
This is a perfect time to take review your listing. Update any content, photos and ensure the details are correct.
About the ATDW
The ATDW is Australia’s national tourism marketing platform representing over 50,000 small and medium-sized tourism businesses and destinations. Their main goal is to support Australian tourism businesses to make the most of their digital marketing efforts, expand their reach, promote their offerings, and attract more online traffic.
By creating an ATDW listing in their online database, businesses benefit from being listed on the Tourism SA website , Australia.com website, and on ATDW’s extensive network of hundreds of tourism distributors and growing.